Catechesis of children for the Sacraments
Baptism Preparation Team
There are a number of steps to be taken in the preparation for the Sacrament of Baptism. Like all worthwhile and important events it needs preparation to ensure the Celebrations is meaningful. It also needs follow up to ensure that there is continuity and growth in faith.
- Contact Julie on the above Phone No.
- A Baptism kit will be sent to you.
- The Baptism Team will contact you and arrange to meet. (Attendance at this meeting is a pre-requisite for celebrating the sacrament.)
- Both the Rite of Reception and Baptism are celebrated on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Sundays of the month.
- A candle and white stole are needed for the celebration.
- Parents are asked to make a $20 donation.
We are here to support you in any way possible. Please ring Julie and have a chat.
First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation
Here at St Mary’s Parish we are committed to a Family centred, Parish based, School and Catechist supported Sacrament Program as outlined in the Sale Diocesan Policy. We believe that the Sacraments of Initiation are part of a process that takes place over many years. They begin with Baptism and include First Communion and Confirmation. The sacrament of Reconciliation is also celebrated during this time.
There are many people who play a role in this process, the children themselves, their parents, catechists, teachers and parishioners.
Our Catechists support candidates attending Government Schools, our teachers at St Mary’s prepare the children who attend St Mary’s School and the Parish participate in the celebration of these Sacraments. Regular workshops are held for families in preparation for each Sacrament.
Catechists are available for Sacramental preparation of children in the outlying communities.